Project Music And The Arts
The project "Music and the Arts" is both an educational and entertaining residency program that deals with the relationships between all different areas of artistic expressions. This comprehensive presentation explores unified theories of the arts including
- the visual arts,
- written and spoken languages,
- and music.
In 1972, Leonidas Lipovetsky created a residency program titled project "Music and the Arts" as a way to show how music, art and history are closely interlaced. He says, "There are common elements to all of the arts, I just point out the connections." The idea of this collaboration developed while Leonidas was on a concert tour of Alaska and West Canada in 1971 and has been refined over the years. He states "most people in communitites don't understand the 'language' of music because it's too abstract. I try to show them that all art forms share the same elements regardless of the medium."
His presentations use slides that depict well-known examples of the Visual Arts in paintings, architecture and sculpture to illustrate the relationships between different disciplines. He then continues to decipher the puzzling language of music by showing parallels to the Visual Arts and our spoken and written languages. To execute this, he performs and analyzes piano pieces from the Baroque period to present day selections. He also discusses the components of the creative process and how he and his work are results of environmental and social influences.
Some examples of sponsoring educational and artistic organizations are
- Alliance Francaise, Mayaguez, P.R.
- Anchorage Symphony, AK
- Bellas Artes, Medellin, Colombia
- Brevard Music Teachers Association, Cocoa, FL
- Bronx Council on the Arts, NY
- Carthage College, Racine, WI
- Cedar Rapids Symphony, IA
- City of Tarpon Springs, FL
- The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota, FL
- Colegio de Arquitectos y Paisajistas De Puerto Rico
- Dartington College, Totnes, England
- Dothan Opera House, AL
- Erie Museum of Art, PA
- European Piano Teachers Association, London, England
- Fine Arts Council of Florida
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- Greenville Symphony, MS
- Heart of GA Resa, Eastman, GA
- High Museum of Art, Atlanta, GA
- Interamerican University, Puerto Rico
- Center for the Arts, Mexico City
- Alachua County Schools, FL
- American School, Bogota, Colombia
- Central Conservatory of Music, Beijing, China
- Dade County Schools, Miami, FL
- Daugherty County Schools, Albany, GA
- Glendale Community College, AZ
- Governor's School of Arkansas
- Lafayette Co. System of Education, MS
- New Orleans Centre / Creative Arts, LA
- Kiwanis Int. Convention, Toronto, Canada
- Moscow Conservatory, Russia
- Shenyang Conservatory of Music, China
- St. John's School, San Juan, P. R.
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- Walton County Schools, GA
Project Music and the Arts is offered on several levels of participation as one-day, three-days, or one-week classes.
For more information, please, send an email to the manager.